GLUTEN FREE, LOW CARB, LOW SUGAR, HIGH PROTEIN
❤️My homemade, high protein, low carb, low sugar, healthy version BANANA LOAF RECIPE with have you smiling & satisfied from head to toe!!! It’s great as a pre/post WORKOUT MEAL. This particular recipe was actually adapted from a foodfaithfitness.com #Paleo version Recipe & can also be a #Vegan or #Vegetarian Recipe- you can alter your back to that if you wish by removing the eggs and protein powder… Here is the HIGH PROTEIN VERSION RECIPE:
BANANA BREAD RECIPE
Serves: 12 slices
For the glazed bananas:
1 Tbsp Coconut oil, melted
2 Tbsps agave or sugar free syrup
3 Large bananas, sliced (about 2 cups of slices)
For the Bread:
½ Cup Coconut flour & 1 scoop Protein
¼ tsp Baking soda
½ tsp Baking powder
½ tsp Salt
1 Tbsp Cinnamon
¼ Cup agave or sugar free syrup
¼ Cup Coconut oil, melted
2 tsps Vanilla extract
4 Whole Eggs, separated
2 Egg whites
¾ tsp Apple cider vinegar
For the cinnamon pecan center:
⅓ Cup Pecans, finely chopped
1 Tbsp Coconut sugar
For the Pecan struesel topping:
⅓ Cup Pecans, roughly chopped
¼ tsp Cinnamon
2 Tbsps Coconut sugar
¼ Cup Coconut flour
1 Tbsp + 1 tsp Coconut oil,melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a loaf pan with coconut oil and set aside.
- Begin by making the glazed bananas:
- In a medium sauce pan over medium/high heat add 1 Tbsp of melted coconut oil and 2 Tbsp agave. Mix well.
- Chop the bananas and add them into the pan, stiring to coat evenly. Let the glaze reduce and slightly thicken while the bananas get nice and soft, about 5 minutes.
- While the banana cooks, measure the coconut flour, sift and remeasure. Place it into a medium mixing bowl.
- Into the flour & Protein Powder & add the baking soda, baking powder, salt and 1 Tbsp cinnamon. Mix well and set aside.
- Separate your egg yolks into a large mixing bowl and the egg whites, plus the additional 2 egg whites into a medium mixing bowl. Set the egg whites aside.
- Beat the egg yolks together with the ¼ cup agave and ¼ cup oil.
- Add the cooked banana and glaze into the honey and oil mixture, along with the vanilla and beat until the batter is smooth and the banana is well mixed. Set aside
- Add the ¾ tsp apple cider vinegar to the egg whites and beat with an electric mixer until they are light and foamy, 2-3 minutes. Set aside.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet and stir until just moistened.
- Gently fold in the beaten egg whites, being careful not to over mix. Let the batter stand for 5-10 minutes so that the coconut flour can start to adsorb the liquid.
- While the batter stands, it’s time to make the filling and streusel.
- For the filling: Finely chop ⅓ cup of pecans and mix in a small bowl with 2 Tbsps coconut sugar. Set aside.
- For the struesel topping:
- Roughly chop ⅓ cup of pecans and mix it in a medium bowl with ¼ tsp cinnamon, 2 Tbsps coconut sugar and ¼ cup coconut flour. Pour in the 1 Tbsp + 1 tsp of melted coconut oil and mix with your fingers until crumbly.
- To assemble the bread:
- Pour half the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Sprinkle with the pecan/cinnamon mixture until the batter is totally covered.
- Pour the remaining half of batter over top of the pecan filling, the pecan mixture will get mixed all in under the force of the batter, this is a good thing,
- Sprinkle the top of the pecan/coconut oil streusel, making sure it is evenly dispersed.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until dark golden brown and a tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool in the loaf pan 10-15 minutes and then turn out onto a wire rack to finish cooling.